1. Do I have to be single to signup?
2. I signup, create CV, What will happen? How does the system work?
3. Do I have to pay anything?
4. What do I write on the CV?
5. Can my parents or a mahram get involved? or a friend instead?
6. Can I create a CV and just see what happens?
7. Is it 100% halal?
8. Are the members and their CVs 100% genuine?
9. I am not practising, can I still post my CV?
10. If I do not find who I want can I get a refund?
CV store and shareThis is a FREE service, you can become a member and create CVs. Tell others to view it by giving them your unique CV code. The CV status could be Public, Private or Hidden.
Public CV is viewable by other members, appears in search results. You can give your CV code to non-members to view using the Code box on the top right of the pages. This would be the option for most CVs.
Private CV is NOT viewable by other members, does appear in search results with very limited information - Age, location, height, origin. You can give your Private CV code to other people to have a full CV view including pictures. This option is for the extra shy or just to use our storage for ease, convenience and easy CV sharing in your own independent work. Instead of email or printing your CV, you simply give the other side MarriageCV.com + your CV code, (eg, PE2WS).
Hidden CV is NOT viewable by other members, can not be seen using CV code, does NOT appear in search results. Only you and the matchmakers have full CV view. this is useful to people who are not looking but will not mind being contacted regarding a match.
If you are in the UK you can create CVs for anyone, as long as you are happy to represent them.
If you do not have Land Line telephone, please signup (put 0208 123 0456 instead) and tell us why you do not have/ or want to give us your land line number. We need your mobile to send you texts.
FAQ about MarriageCV
1. Do I have to be single to signup?No, as you can look for 2nd wife, or even better help someone who is single by creating a CV for them and acting for them, eg. I have a sister who is 26 years old, she is looking to get married, I create a CV for her and pursue anyone that I think she will be interested in, I liaise with her and see where it goes from there. So I become her 'PA' and only bother her when I think its a potential.
2. I signup, create CV, What will happen? How does the system work?Marriage CV is a combination of Website, MarriageCV.com, Phone 0208 123 0 456, and events which will take place once it is officially launched. MarriageCV is a network of helpers and CVs to match people together for halal purpose. It is expected that the members are serious people who are actively looking to get married or are family members or friends of someone who is. The CV is an introducer to this person and a starting point to take things further. Insha'Allah the emphasis will be on getting people together to complete their deen. We make several hundred phone calls week to get CVs of people who do not know us or do not use the internet.
The process: - Register, create CV, then a brother or sister who is interested in a particular CV will contact our matchmakers either by email or on the phone or using our CV flagging system (coming soon), our matchmakers will then try to gauge the response from the other side, if it is positive, then contact details will be given to arrange further steps (a payment may be due at this stage), a brief meeting perhaps, or whatever is appropriate for the parties.
3. Do I have to pay anything?We have some free services, like FREE registration, FREE CV creations and sharing. You can create a CV and give the code to people every time someone requests your CV. You simply tell them, MarriageCV.com CV code: PABC. They will be able to come to our site and view your CV. No need to email or print out each time. If you set the status as private that is what it will be.
We only charge for services where we get involved, email, phone or assist you in any way which costs us time and money. See ours fees section for current prices. You will have to pay a lot more when you go and meet people and get the marriage process rolling, Think about it like this - for brothers, you are saving at least 5 trips to 'Ambala' (an Indian sweet shop) by checking the person online, and for sisters, no cooking is required and you can meet many potential spouses without all the expense which is a norm back home (After meeting 10 potentials who turned out to be not what people said they were and you are out of pocket by at lest £300.
4. What do I write on the CV?Put some effort into filling in the CV properly, just as you make a serious effort when writing your personal statement in job applications. It is one of the first sources from which others will learn more about you or the person you represent. Whilst you are not expected to write an essay, one-line answers will reflect badly on you (or the person you represent) and suggest that you can’t be bothered or are not serious. Photos are not required but are encouraged particularly for brothers and are displayed.( you can make them private if you want to filter who sees it). We encourage you to fill in the Extra section so people know more about you (or the marriage seeker).
5. Can my parents or a mahram get involved? or a friend instead?Yes we encourage all parties to get involved and make an effort, although we will primarily deal with the person registered for our services, the same applies for fee payments.
6. Can I create a CV and just see what happens?Yes, although we encourage you to be active and go for priority services, as marriage is a serious issue. It is a highly recommended Sunnah of our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) and half of your deen, thus not to be trivialised. Other members may be disappointed that you are not doing your bit. We do not want observers, jokers, time wasters, students that will finish their studies in 10 years time. A piece of advice: if you are married, get involved in helping people get married, if you are not, then put your CV and hunt like there is no tomorrow as it takes years to find someone suitable.
7. Is it 100% halal?This is an Islamic singles (marriage only) connection network service - it is a marriage maker where the main objective is to help people find suitable spouses in an Islamic way. We do not allow dating or mixing outside Islamic guidelines, mahrams should be involved from the start.
8. Are the members and their CVs 100% genuine?We take and check the information by emailing, calling, checking references and by feedback from other members. Any doubt we kick them out.
9. I am not practising, can I still post my CV?Of course you can - you are more than welcome. We do not just want just hijabis or bearded guys wearing shalwars. We would rather you joined our site than go for dating websites and have to meet a partner in a place of potential vice.
10. If I do not find who I want can I get a refund?Once you start to enjoy our services, you will realise how much work is put in. You should be getting responses and considering people. Usually there will be no refunds, regardless of whether you found someone compatible or not. as you are paying for our time and efforts and not results. However if it is unequitable to disregard, it may be considered, although we reserve the right to have the final say on the subject.
More FAQs coming soon, our service is still moulding into shape, please give us your thoughts.